Monday, December 21, 2009

Where Size Really Does Matter

From today's "Our Daily Bread".


"Jesus must increase; I must decrease."

This is so much easier said than done, isn't it?


Every time i think i'm doing really good with this.  That i'm doing things following that whole "WWJD" idea, something seems to always set me back.  i'm not exactly sure what it is i'm doing wrong.  Maybe it's that i'm getting too cocky (pun intended) about my doings?

i seem to be able to "calm the waters" of the storms brewing between family members only to find those raging within myself are out of control.  Or, as i focus inward to still those troubles, chaos always erupts on the home
front, or job, or church, etc.....

Finding that balance in between is proving to be ever so elusive at times.

Oh, i know more prayer, or studying the Word, or quiet meditation, etc... can often help but they aren't always the end-all answers.  It's that lack of "hearing God" and all that He's telling me about where He wants me to be and what He wants me to do, is the trouble, i think.  All too often, i just don't have the patience to "be still".

So, Lord?  Thank you for your patience with me to increase what You are doing in and through me while i work to lessen what is leaking through of me.  i know i al to only be a vessel through which Your waters flow.  i'll continue to try and not contaminate it so much.  Thanks!

laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment