Monday, December 21, 2009

It's in the genes.....or is that jeans?.....i forget

Yesterday, our pastor did an awesome message titled "Mothers Around the Manger" in which he explained why Matthew chose to list women of 'questionable" virtues in Jesus' family tree in the first verse(s) of Matthew.  He listed Tamar, Rahab, Ruth and Bathsheeba.  I can't do it any justice whatsoever, so i won't even try but suffice it to say, it was quite the eye-opener for me this year. 

Mind you, i've read the lineage and heard this before about these 4 women but i guess with the year i've had it struck a particular heart-string in me.  Although i've always known and understood the forgiveness that comes along with Jesus' presence in this world, this is a year i REALLY needed to be reminded of it.

i've been VERY hard on my myself.  Verbally beating myself up.  Keeping off to myself.  Doing that 'self-exile" kind of thing.  While i'm not out of the woods on that just yet, i'm feeling much better about my circumstance and all the consequences that have come along with it.

It was good to be reminded, in such a different way, that no matter the sins of my past, or those in my lineage, God still loves me so incredibly and reassures me that there is nothing i can't that could ever change that.

OBVIOUSLY, that goes for everyone in all His creation as well, but then again, this post was all about me!  :)

Thanks, God.  Thanks!





laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment