Friday, December 11, 2009

God. The ULTIMATE GPS.

i question my faith A LOT!  But not in the way you may be thinking.

You see, i believe we're supposed to have such questions.  Surely you know what i mean.  All those times that come in our lives where we just have to ask questions like: "Is this what God wants me to do?", "How can i know for sure this is the direction i should go?", "Where, Lord, should i look?", and so on....

Those are the kinds of questions i mean. I guess i'm saying that if i was AS COMFORTABLE in my faith and beliefs as i'm taught i'm supposed to be, maybe those questions wouldn't come up so often.

i was looking at my wife's GPS device the other day and it dawned on me how much God wants to be my internal GPS guidance.  i realize this may be no new news to you but you've got to remember, i drive a very old, slow car.  It just takes me a little longer to there get.   LOL

Anyway, recently, while driving with the GPS on, i took a wrong turn and the GPS immediately went into it's "recalculating" mode.  It didn't call me an idiot for making the wrong turn (i had the sound turned down).  It didn't even frown at me (i had the human face function turned off). It just casually rebuilt the directions i needed to get on with the journey.

That's what i believe God has set up for.  Since He already knows every move we're ever going to make, i think He put "Recalculations" into our 'systems'.  However, in our case, He's used a wide variety of resources for re-directing us.  i mean after all, He created everything so what's NOT as His disposal?

So, when i'm having a little trouble with my 'compass' all i need to remember is that God has already recalculated the directions for the path He wants to lead me back too.  Whether it be through a church, a pastor, a friend, a song, or simply a single verse in the Bible, i will ALWAYS find the directions i need fo r my trip.


Thank you, Lord, for eliminating all the "dead ends" and providing me with all the alternate routes i will surely need on my journey.  Oh, and by the way, thanks for being patient with me all those times where i seem to think i'm a much better driver than You.


laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment